Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bleu - FOUR - album review


Here's a short track-by-track review of the new album of Bleu, called FOUR:


1. Singin' In Tongues
An infectious opener - it shows what to expect from the album. 

2. B.O.S.T.O.N.
Great upbeat song. And a perfect radio single.

3. How Blue
One of the most beautiful songs Bleu ever wrote. It's a grower. After the first listen I wasn't sure about it, now it's my favorite along with... (see song no. 9).

4. Dead in the Morning
After reading the song title - would you expect an upbeat, catchy song like this?

5. In Love With My Lover
Slow, intense, like it! It's probably the oldest song from the album - it's streaming on myspace (I think) since the release of "A Watched Pot".

6. When The Shit Hits The Fan
Can't say much about it beacause I just listened once, but it immediately gets stuck in your head.

7. I'll Know It When I See It
Another grower. To be honest I wasn't very impressed by the demo, but the final song is simply astonishing!

8. Evil Twin
Not my fav, but I enjoy it.

9. Ya Catch More Flies With Honey Than With Vinegar
.... this one. To make it clear: it's my absolute favorite song from the album. It's kind of epic. I can't exactly say why, but it reminds me A LOT of Queen (in their best years).

10. Everything Is Fine
It's a collaboration with Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (from Jellyfish). A good song to close a strong album that has not a single filler song.

If you are still not sure whether to buy FOUR or not - you have to. Don't believe me? Listen here:

1 comment:

  1. Nice review - if you'd like to swap links it would be a good thing. Post mine and I'll post yours. http://www.powerpopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete