Friday, September 23, 2011

Review: Mike Viola - Electro de Perfecto

So, there it is - the new record of Mike Viola: Electro De Perfecto. Ten tacks. And a quite new direction. It's not like Lurch at all, probably my more Hang On Mike, but still different.


1. Columbus Day Parade: A straight, fast and energetic opener.

2. Get You Back: I demand this to be a single, played by all radio stations. My daughter (18 months old) loves it, too.

3. El Mundo De Perfecto: For me it's the central song of the whole record. Wonderful.

4. Soundtrack Of My Summer: I listen to this song for a while now (it surfaced a while ago on soundcloud). It was the soundtrack of my summer! 

5. Closet Cutter: For me it was a grower, just like ...

6. Field of Guns 'n' Roses:... this one ...

7. Me And My Drinking:... and this. I didn't like all three at first very much. Now I do. 

8. Here's The Rub: Stuck in my head. Immediately. Be careful!

9. Inside Out: At the moment my least favorite song on the album (but this changes after every listen - in a positive way. How do you do this, Mike?)

10. When The Stars Are Against You: A strong closing of the album. I love the vibe.

It's out in digital form, the physical record (CD and vinyl) will be released on 4th of October. You can preorder it at


2 comments:

  1. El Mundo, Closet Cutter, Field of Guns and Roses and Inside Out were instantly my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Inside Out was the best song! I do agree though that ALL of his songs grow on you in different ways over time. Mmmmm. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete