Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto

So here it is: the new record of Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
The more successful they got, the more skeptic I was regarding their new records. Viva La Vida was a little highlight after X & Y, which I never liked very much, while Parachutes is still one of my top five records.
When the Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall EP came out, I was disappointed. It was like they became the new U2. So when the full record came out yesterday I listened to it immediately.


01. Mylo Xyloto - The intro - leading to...
02. Hurts Like Heaven - I bet it's the third single. I hope so. It's a good, upbeat song. This has something of the Coldplay I liked.
03. Paradise - Obvious single number two. Better than the first single.
04. Charlie Brown -
Still not sure if I like it.
05. Us Against The World -
Still not sure if I like it, too.
06. M.M.I.X. - Kind of an interlude to...
07. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall -
The first single. It's okay.
08. Major Minus
- It's nice to see a darker tune. The chorus reminds me of U2 a lot, though.
09. U.F.O. -
A little ballad in the middle of this wall-of-sound-record.
10. Princess Of China -
Is this really Coldplay? Really?
11. Up In Flames -
Beautiful song.
12. A Hopeful Transmission
- Again an interlude.
13. Don’t Let It Break Your Heart
- It's okay. Not much more to say.
14. Up With The Birds
- The closing song is again slightly great.

Closing comments: 
For me Mylo Xyloto has some good songs, but sadly the "not so good" songs are on the majority. I asked myself if I'm too harsh with the band, so I played Don't Panic, Yellow, A Warning Sign and Amsterdam right after finishing Mylo Xyloto:
Altogether the reocrd has not the quality of the old songs (after the second or third listen).

How do you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. Not only because it's different doens't mean that it's bad!
    It's great though it's not the same sound as it used to be.

    ReplyDelete