Thursday, February 20, 2020

Pelle Carlberg

Sometimes I stumble upon songs and records I forgot about for a long time - and I rediscover them. A few days ago it hit me with Pelle Carlberg. And it hit me with a high impact. 

Pelle Carlberg was born in Uppsala / Sweden in 1969. He played in bands since 1985, most likely he is known from the band Edson

In 2003, after the final Edson record he released three solo albums and two EPs from 2005 to 2008.
For a start I recommend his solo debut "Eveything.Now!". 

Carlberg combines catchy and intimate pop with sharp lyrics. Someone (not sure, where I read it) said about him: "He sounds like Belle & Sebastian, but writes like Morrissey". I think that fits quite well and is quite a compliment. 

Cover artwork for the first solo record "Everything.Now!"


Discography:
  • Go to Hell, Miss Rydell EP (2005)
  • Riverbank EP (2005) 
  • Everything. Now! (2005) 
  • In a Nutshell (2007) 
  • The Lilac Time (2008) 
Closing remarks:
Back in 2007 Pelle Carlberg's "Riverbank" music video was included in the video game "The Darkness". During gameplay, interacting with the TVs will allow you to watch this music video, which constantly loops on the "alternative" channel. 
That's how I discovered him. I don't think this happened to me with any artist. So thank you, "The Darkness".

Official Website: www.pellecarlberg.se

1 comment:

  1. Is there a way of contacting you (email, etc) - don't see on your blog site. I run Kool Kat Musik, a power pop label/mailorder site and wanted to make you aware of two new releases that you may want to consider for review on your very cool blog.

    ReplyDelete