Saturday, March 3, 2018

Chris Price - Dalmatian

The new record of Chris Price is out now! After his critically acclaimed second record Stop Talking nearly 50 songs were left off from the record because they simply didn't fit in its concept.
With the arrival of Dalmatian, Price’s brand new third album and second release in only 10 months, that music finds new life.
The 13 tracks found on Dalmatian are all written, produced, engineered, arranged and mixed by Price himself (with occasional help from co-writers Taylor Locke, Fernando Perdomo, and Alex Jules).


Price says, “This is a collection of fragments, outcasts and ideas from the sessions that produced Stop Talking. A lot of material that I love was left off of that album for one reason or another. Whether it was because the songs didn’t fit tonally or thematically, or the sonics didn’t match up, I found myself sitting on a pile of stuff that couldn’t find a home. I’m not sure if this is my new album or a companion piece to the last one (Disc 2, if you will). Maybe it’s both. I’ll let everyone else decide. All I know is I’m very proud of this work and I’m so happy to have it out there in the world instead of buried on a hard drive somewhere.

Track List:
  1. Prelude
  2. Sick Boy
  3. Fever Dream
  4. Roller Coaster
  5. Breakfast Cruise
  6. The Dream Is Over (But We’re Just Waking Up)
  7. Dalmatian (Interlude)
  8. Discount Love
  9. I Won’t Be Loved
  10. Peculiar Lake Superior
  11. Uncle John
  12. I’ll Follow Her Anywhere
  13. The Angels Of Buena Vista
So, according to his last record (Stop Talking) which was stellar, you MIGHT have a look at this release! Order the record (CD and digital) at Omnivore and Bandcamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment